Thursday, January 10, 2013

Calling the Wanderers Home

Brothers, 

Remember the day you knelt at the alter, your hands supporting your chosen Book of Light and having the hoodwink removed to see those trusted friends and Brothers standing there supporting your Degree.  Being raised to the Sublime Degree of Master Mason was one of the proudest moments of my life after graduating from Marine Corps Boot Camp.  The feeling of belonging and community filled me as I listened to all the "Furthermores".  The one verse that stuck in my mind was my obligation to MY Lodge.  

I remember kneeling there at the alter taking that solemn oath and obligation to support my Lodge and to respond to the call of the Lodge and its Worshipful Master.  On the Holy book of Light, I responded in the affirmative, binding myself to something greater than me.  

I know life is busy, I know that work and family are very important and paramount to all else.  I am there too, feeling that same pressure.  When I joined, I knew that all which was asked of me was 2 nights a month.  The same 2 nights every month, and it has been that way since 1913.  We are Wayfaring men, a strong Lodge with a Strong History.  That Lodge needs your help now.  It is calling for you, you can almost see its arms raise ... Oh....

Brethren, for OUR Lodge to survive, it needs your participation and dedication.  We ask you for 2 nights a month dedicated to your Blue Lodge.  Start off the New Year by supporting 3 fine men is being Accepted as Entered Apprentices.  Show them how we are a Fraternity, a community of Brothers, a group of friends.  Men all hoping to make a difference in the world and leave a proper legacy for those to follow.  

Brothers, I ask you as Master Masons, to heed the Call of your Lodge.  A Wayfarer is a traveler especially a traveler on foot.  A Drifter, rambler, roamer or a wanderer.  The Lodge is calling its Wanderers home.  Brothers, make the pilgrimage back to your lodge and your community of Brothers.  We are there, waiting there with a certain firm and friendly grip.  Lets not worry about past dues or past politics, we are above all that, we are Wayfarers and we are here as a community for all those that have knelt at that alter for generations.  

Fraternally, 

Bro. Bill Wojtas
Senior Warden
Eques a Hospitalitate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts/Pictures with us. We welcome all your input. Thank you-